In Barranquilla, they prepare delicious whole kernel corn with chicken. You can also find it get it in other Colombian cities. If you ever travel to Barranquilla or Cartagena, Colombia, do not hesitate to try whole kernel corn with chicken.
You can also prepare it at home with the recipe below. Make it with chicken as in the recipe, or without chicken. There are also other varieties with lettuce, meat or sausage. Do not forget to add potato chips and a lot of pineapple sauce!
- 1 lb whole kernel corn
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup of mexican cheese
- Pineapple sauce
- Mayo Ketchup
- Garlic mayo
- 1 small bag of crushed potato chips
- 2 tbs butter
- French Fries
- Prepare the chicken according to this recipe
- Add 1 tbsp butter in a pan and place the chicken.
- Cook over medium heat on both sides until golden brown.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Add 1 tbsp butter in a pan and sauté the corn.
- Place the corn on a plate.
- Add the chicken, the mexican cheese,
- Add the mayo-ketchup, and chips.
- Add the garlic sauce and the pineapple sauce.
- Enjoy with french fries
Note: Martha’s Kitchen can earn a small commission through links in this publication
Please follow and like us: