Click aqui para receta en Español
- 250 grams of spinach
- ½ white onion, diced
- 5 eggs (separate whites form yolk)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ pound of parmesan cheese
- 9 slices of ham
- 9 slices of mozzarella cheese (or whichever is your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Boil the spinach for 8 minutes and let it drain
- In a pan, sauté the onion in two tablespoons of olive oil and add the spinach.
- In a blender, combine the spinach with the onions, the egg yolks, salt and pepper
- On a separate bowl, mix the egg whites and add them to the spinach mix.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a sheet of parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes at 350° F (200° C).
- Roll the spinach over a damp kitchen cloth an let it cool in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Take the roll out of the fridge and unroll it
- Remove the parchment paper
- Add the cheese and the ham slices onto the roll
- Carefully roll the spinach and filling into a roll with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours