Click here for recipe in Spanish
- 3 large or 8 small eggplants
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 5 celery sticks
- 2 lb. tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 100 gr of capers
- ½ cup of ketchup
- 170 gr of black olives
- 160 gr of stuffed green olives
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Peel the eggplants and cut into squares.
- Place in salt water for 2 hours.
- Remove the eggplants from the water and drain on a paper towel for 2 hours.
- Fry the aubergines in plenty of oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Chop the celery, fry and drain.
- Roast the peppers.
- Remove burned skin and rinse.
- Cut the peppers into squares.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Peel the tomatoes (they can be put in boiling water) and remove the seeds.
- Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and add the onion.
- When the onion is transparent, add the tomato and cook for 10 minutes until a stew forms.
- In a large cup add the black olives, green olives, capers, tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, peppers, aubergines, celery, tomato and onion stew, olive oil and salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers, green plantains or nacho chips.