Egg Stuffed Corn Cakes
- 2 Cups of cornmeal. I recommend using harina pan
- 1 ½ cups of warm water with food coloring
- Salt water
- In a bowl, add the cornmeal and mix with the warm water.
- Knead until you form a dough.
- Cover and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Add the salt and mix it in.
With your hands, make a thin corncake.
Fry and take it out of the oil when it’s puffed up.
Crack the egg and pour it into a small cup.
Pour the salt water on top of the egg.
When the corncake is cool enough to handle, cut an opening of 1 ½ inches on the side, to make a pocket.
Pour the egg inside the corn cake.
Fry again until it’s golden.
Enjoy with sour cream or pico de gallo.