- 5 lb of bottom round roast beef
- 1 medium white onion or 3 small ones
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper or sweet pepper
- 6 garlic cloves,mashed
- 2 tbs mustard •
- ¼ cup of white vinegar
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs sugar
- 3 cups of water
- Poke holes in the beef
- Cuhe tomatoes, green peppers and onions.
- In a bowl mix the meat with tomatoes, onions, and green peppers with the garlic, mustard, vinegar, and ketchup.
- Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours. In a large pot on high heat add the oil and the sugar.
- In a cauldron, seal the meat on all its sides.
- Add the marinade, vegetables, and the hot water.
- Cook for 1 ½ hours on high heat until it boils, then turn to medium heat.
- Turn the beef it every 30 minutes.
- Let it rest and cut.
- The vegetables that were left over in the pot can be liquefied to make a gravy.
Please follow and like us: