- 8 oz black eyed peas (dry)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- Salt to taste
- Frying oil
- Soak the black eyed peas for 4 hours
- Grind the beans. The grind should be loose, so it can peel off the skin. (Note: if you do not have a grinder you can use a chopper)
- In a bowl, place the ground beans and add water.
- Strain the water to separate the beans from the shell.
- Repeat this step at least 10 times until the beans are peeled.
- Grind the beans for the second time.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beans and stir with a hand mixer.
- Add the eggs and stir.
- Add the sugar and salt and stir.
- If the dough is dry, add a little water and stir.
- Take a tablespoon of dough and fry.
- Preferably use an electric deep fryer, as this regulates the temperature.
- Fry until they are golden brown.
- Enjoy with Mexican cheese.
Note: Martha’s Kitchen can earn a small commission through links in this publication
Please follow and like us: